Maple Sweet Potato Soup
This soup is a delicious option that's perfect for the end of winter, which is what we are experiencing here in Upstate New York right now. We have one final week of snow and cold below freezing and then its all up from there, thank goodness!
This recipe uses our favorite Thick & Rich Maple Syrup from Parker's Real Maple!
MAPLE SWEET POTATO SOUP
3 large sweet potatoes
4 cups of broth (I used Vegetable but you can use Chicken as well)
1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
2/3 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup half & half
3 tablespoons of Parker's Real Maple Traditional Syrup plus 2 more TBS for garnish
Bacon (cooked & cut into bits)
Salted & roasted pepitas
1. Peel and chop sweet potatoes into 1-2 inch pieces. Then place in large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until very tender. Drain the potatoes when done and put them back in the pot.
2. Add the broth and bring everything to a boil again. Then reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Use your immersion blender to blend the mixture until smooth.
4. Once everything has reached desired consistency, mix in pumpkin pie spice, yogurt, half and half, and maple syrup. Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Serve into bowls and drizzle with a touch more maple syrup, bacon, and pepitas for an extra yummy garnish and enjoy!
Let me know if you try this below! I'd love to see you try it over on Insta too. Tag me @Alessandra.Juliet!